Wednesday, January 31, 2018







                                                       "The Flock"
                                    &
                            "Letting Go" 

 In some ways I've touched on this subject in my blog "The Deep End," but I'm kinda in a series with my photos right now that are about loneliness, letting go and so on. These two photos go hand in hand.  With this particular photo I created of myself, I wanted to express the pain of letting go--letting go of the pain, letting go of people that no longer belong in your life, and being free.  I can also say (for me) it's about change.
So, first I'll dive into the letting go part.  I've held onto a lot of pain these last few years, and I can be honest and say I haven't let it all go (some hurts worse than others) and I'm not sure if I ever will, but I do hope in time that I can.  Sometimes people don't understand what you are going through (cause they've never been through it) so it's hard for them to put themselves in your shoes.  I do have certain people in my life that are there for me and understand and that I'm able to talk to openly about problems.  These people aren't related to me but they're special to me.  It's crazy how friends can be more loyal and open minded then your own family.  It's sad in a way, because some family members want to destroy your relationships, think you have something to hide, and just plain out don't respect your wishes as a parent or wife/husband.  This is where the letting go part comes in.  Get rid of them.  If they are not doing you good in your life, then don't let them in.  Don't keep opening a door for them to keep mistreating you and disrespecting you.  Let go!  
So, with change, it can be letting go of people close to you, but for me change is scary.  I would like to say I'm adventurous, but in reality, I'm terrified of change.   Change could be letting people go, a new job, a big move--anything that scares you.  Sometimes we have to let go and and see where things fall.  If it's meant to be, then it will be.  If it's not, then it's not.  If people are meant to be in your life, then they will find a way to be.  I hope writing about my photos helps you understand why I create the images I do, and I hope it helps you for whatever you might be going through :)


No comments:

Post a Comment